Skip to content

Category: Community

Community
Christopher Brazelton

2020: A Year in Review

While it is easy to look forward, this year was by no means a ‘loss’ for Elm Street. In fact, take a look at some of the biggest accomplishments of 2020!

Read More »
Community
Christopher Brazelton

Woodstock’s Tradition in Switzerland

No passport neeed! Last week I got a phone call that is an exciting Elm Street first for us and for our entire community – international reporter Carrie Nooten read

Read More »
Community
Katie Caldwell

Keeping the HEART in Woodstock

Our community is truly the reason for and behind everything we do here at Elm Street. In no other year have we been reminded of this fact more than in

Read More »
Community
Merry Quarles

Imagination at Play

Recently, photographer Abigail Peyton visited the new downtown playground, located on the Elm Street Cultural Arts Village event green, with her children and took photos for us. She included some thoughts she had while watching families enjoy the playground.

Read More »
Community
Christopher Brazelton

How and Why We Tell The Story

We have created a complete digital experience for She Kills Monsters for audiences across the country to be immersed in Qui Nguyen’s play celebrating the warrior (and nerd) within!

Read More »
Community
Siobhan Brumbelow

Downtown Playground

Early June is the expected completion date for the long-awaited downtown playground, located on the Elm Street Arts Village event green property along Market Street between Oak and Maple streets.

Read More »
Community
Christopher Brazelton

Leaving a Ghost Light on for You

In the theater, there is an age-old tradition. At the end of a day full of rehearsals, performances, workshops, etc., the last person to leave the theater space grabs a

Read More »

Helvetica From Stage to Screen

By Justin Spainhour-Roth I dream for a living. While I cant take credit for that quote (you win this round, Mr. Spielberg), it definitely resonates with me a lot and

Read More »
Community
Merry Quarles

Volunteers Who’ve Made a Difference

National Volunteer Week began in 1974, when President Richard Nixon signed an executive order establishing the week as an annual celebration of volunteering. Global Volunteer Month was established this year

Read More »

Subscribe

Get updates on upcoming programs, promotions, events, and performances delivered right to your inbox.