Dear Patrons of Elm Street Cultural Arts Village,
It is with the heaviest of hearts that due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) escalating to a national state of emergency, Elm Street has made the following changes to its programming:
- Cancel all performances of the Georgia Premiere of Helvetica by K. Willow Coleman
- Postpone spring classes for at least two weeks effective Monday, March 16th
- Postpone the March 28th 2020-2021 Season Reveal to a later date to be announced
- JigJam has announced that they are cancelling the remaining portion of their U.S. tour, which includes their April 4th concert as part of the Lantern Series
These were not easy decisions to come to and we are so disheartened, as so many of our community members are impacted by the arts.
We are all about community and are acting in the best interest of our community. These are the steps we have taken:
- We have contacted all Helvetica ticket buyers explaining the situation and have offered options to either exchange or donate the value of their ticket(s) as a tax-deductible donation
- We created a complete digital experience of Helvetica, complete with a recorded performance that was available FOR FREE through May 10th, 2020
- We will transition to 4 weeks of digital learning effective Monday, March 30th and have released an adjusted schedule to parents, students, and instructors
- We have contacted everyone who has RSVP’d to the Season Reveal with information on the adjusted event
- We have rescheduled JigJam as part of the Lantern Series for Saturday, August 22nd, 2020 at 7:30pm
- We have contacted all JigJam ticket buyers explaining the rescheduled concert and have offered options to either exchange or donate the value of their ticket(s) as a tax-deductible donation
If you have any questions, please call our Box Office at (678) 494-4251 or email email@example.com.
As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, we rely on a combination of ticket sales and donations to be able to provide a wide variety of arts programming to our community and ask that you consider a tax-deductible donation to allow our programming continue.
We will continue to provide updates on how the outbreak impacts the rest of our programming and appreciate your patronage as well as understanding.
COVID-19 Ticket Policy
As you make your personal decisions around your visit to Elm Street please be aware of our ticket policies.
Exchange: Contact the Box Office to exchange your tickets for another performance date or for a return visit later in the season (subject to ticket availability). All exchanges are based on the value of your original tickets.
Donate: Show your support for the power the arts can have in a community and donate the value of the tickets back to Elm Street, which is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Your support is important to our ongoing ability to produce impactful and relevant art in our community.
Please call the Box Office at 678-494-4251 should you have any questions.
Originally published March 12th, 2020, updated March 26th, 2020.