Home Grown: Artists from the Peach State
Juried Show Application
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MAY 12TH!
Home Grown: Artists from the Peach State is a juried exhibition showcasing the phenomenal artistic talent of artists living and working in the state of Georgia, or originally born in the state of Georgia. Home Grown will take place at the Reeves House Visual Arts Center from June 23 – August 21, 2022. A three person jury panel will review artist submissions to determine which work will be shown in the 2022 exhibition. The panel will then review the works after installation to determine which works will receive awards for first ($500), second ($250), and third place ($100).
An opening reception will take place on Thursday, June 23, 6pm-8 pm, when award recipients will be announced.
Entry fees are non refundable. Artists are responsible for transportation and delivery of work to and from the Reeves House Visual Arts Center. Artwork will be insured while in the care of the Reeves House.
About the Reeves House: The Reeves House Visual Arts Center is the brand new visual arts component of Woodstock Arts, a non-profit 4-acre multi-disciplinary arts complex established in 2002, that includes a performing arts center, an outdoor music venue, an open-air sculpture garden, and classrooms for expansive educational programs. The Reeves House Visual Arts Center, first opened in May 2021, boasts an expansive open-plan exhibition space, a large education studio for art classes, and a coffee shop/wine bar. Our art exhibits, rotating every 8 weeks, feature a wide variety of compelling art from local, national, and international artists, combined with robust public programming. Our vision is to provide ample opportunities for artists to engage with our audiences, and to foster community education, growth, and appreciation for art from a variety of perspectives. Please see more information here: https://woodstockarts.org
Hours: Mon 8am-3pm / Tues-Thurs 8am-8pm / Fri-Sat 8am-9pm / Sun 9am-6pm Entry: FREE!
- Veronica Kessenich, Executive Director of Atlanta Contemporary
- Diana McClintock, Art History Professor at Kennesaw State Univ
- 3rd Juror TBA
- First Place: $500
- Second Place: $250
- Third Place: $100
- Entry Deadline: Thursday, May 12th by 11:59pm
- Artists may submit up to (3) artworks and may include no more than (2) images per individual work (Max 6 images total)
- The file name for the artwork image should follow this format:
- “Artist’s Last Name”_“Artwork Title” (Example: VanGogh_Sunflowers)
- Eligible artists must be over the age of 18 and currently reside in the state of Georgia, or were born in the state of Georgia even if they do not currently reside there.
- Accepted artists will be notified by email no later than May 19th, 2022 with information regarding delivery dates and insurance. Please make sure your correct email address is included on the application and ensure that your email address book is updated to receive emails from email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org so notifications are not flagged as spam.
- Only original artwork will be accepted. Works previously shown at the Reeves House may not be submitted.
- Artwork is limited to a maximum weight of 50 lbs. for hanging work and 100 lbs. for sculpture. Work may be no larger than 90” (framed or installed) in any direction.
- All work must be professionally presented and ready to hang/install upon delivery.
- Hanging Hardware:
- Accepted: Wired, D-rings, cleats
- Will not be accepted: saw tooth hangers, plastic frames, clip style frames
- Works on paper must be framed and protected under glass, plexiglass, or other protective covering.
- Gallery wrapped canvas or wood panel with finished sides is acceptable without a frame.
- Works on canvas or flat board must be framed.
- Wall hanging fabric works will need to include a hanging device, such as a casing sewn with a dowel or rod included.
- Video works should not exceed 5 minutes in length and should be a .mov or a .mp4 file.
- Sculptural work and freestanding pieces must be installation ready. Artists may be called to assist with installation.
- Hanging Hardware:
- All artwork must have a label affixed to the back with the following information:
- Artist’s Name
- Title of Artwork
- Year Completed
- Outside Dimensions (framed)
- Sale Price
- This information must match the information provided on the application. If there are any changes from the information provided on the application, the artist MUST send those changes via email to email@example.com.
- Artists may not substitute another work for an accepted work, alter a work, or withdraw a work after it has been accepted.
- All artwork must be available for sale – the artist will receive 75 percent of the sale price, and the Reeves House will retain 25 percent of all sales (after processing, taxes, or fees, if applicable).
- As a community-wide facility, the Reeves House Arts Center reserves the right to deny exhibition of any work that may not be appropriate for all audiences.
- Should accepted artwork arrive at the Reeves House and be different in any manner than described on the application (whether meeting the above criteria or not) the Reeves House staff will have the sole discretion of the inclusion in the Exhibit and/or the eligibility of the juried showcase.
Accepted artists are responsible for delivery and transportation of work to and from Reeves House
May 12th Entry Deadline (by 11:59pm)
May 19 Notification Sent to Accepted Artists
June 1 -10 All Artwork must be hand delivered or shipped within this date range
June 10 All Artwork must be at the gallery by this date
June 23 Opening Reception/Award Ceremony (6pm-8pm)
June 23 – Aug 21 Exhibition Open to the Public
Aug 22-24 Artwork Pick-up (Between 11am-6pm)
Aug 24-31 Shipped Artwork Returne
Please email any questions to Visual Arts Director Nicole Lampl. Thank you for your interest in participating in what’s soon-to-be a Reeves House holiday tradition!