Much of what I would like for you to have for class I will go over that first day. Depending on your level of experience, you may or may not have many of the supplies already. You can acquire the supplies as you go. This is a fun class that if you bring yourself to the class, that is the best part!
For the first day, please bring the following:
1. An art apron or shirt (optional but recommended)
2. A mixed media paper pad (11×14 is fine or you can go larger- this is your choice) you can also bring in canvas or a wood panel as well, it really is up to you! If you are a beginner, paper is just fine!
3. Invest in at least 1-3 nice and art grade, professional paint brushes. A filbert, A flat and a Fan brush are nice to start with. Or get a nice beginner pack if you haven’t your own collection yet. Brushes are your best friend when it comes to creating good art! They are also a personal choice, so if you want to come to class the first day and learn about them before you buy, that is fine as well!
4. Acrylic paint (heavy body recommended), (this will be a better level of acrylic paint than the one supplied, but I like to have both levels of paint on hand, both the paint given from Woodstock Arts in the large pump jars and then have students bring higher level grade to use both for various techniques)
5. Gel medium and Modeling Paste (Golden or Ultrecht makes a nice brand) (These next are optional and can be acquired as classes go on and I describe their use in artwork)
6.. Oil sticks (3-5 of favorite colors or can wait until class to choose) These are optional for now, but if you have them this will be a wonderful addition to your art box!
7. Oil pastels and or Pastels (a starter kit with these is great, I will also go over these so these are optional that first day and yet if you have them, bring them in, they are just a wonderful supply to have in your art box!
10. Graphite pencils
12.Gloss Gel Medium and Polyacrylic Gloss