Woodstock Arts engages community with relevant art experiences every day. This is achieved through creating vibrancy.
Coffee Shop/Wine Bar Shift Leader
Part Time Position
~20 – 30 hrs/wk
Reports to: Coffee Shop/Wine Bar Manager
Pay Scale: $10/hour plus tips
Job Description: Lead exceptional hospitality
through the cafe and bar operations to provide guests with an amazing experience at the Reeves House.
The Coffee Shop/Wine Bar Shift Lead will organize daily operations and motivate our staff to provide excellent customer service, provide warm hospitality, and promote cultural engagement through the art initiatives Woodstock Arts carries. Coffee Shop/Wine Bar Shift Lead’s responsibilities include, creating systems to better aid in the efficiency of the cafe, assist the manager in event preparation, aid/train incoming staff as well as help refresh staff periodically to keep up the quality expected at the cafe. To be successful in this role the candidate should have work experience with various roles in coffee shops and/or bars. Also, the candidate should be available to work during opening hours, including weekends and holidays.
Ultimately, the candidate will help increase profitability and sustainability, boost guest engagement and turn our cafe into a favorite local spot. The Coffee Shop/Wine Bar Shift Lead will also engage in the art exhibitions at the Reeves House.
The following are current programs and projects that the Coffee Shop/Wine Bar Shift Lead will coordinate:
Cafe & Bar Management (70%)
• Assist in the management day-to-day operations of the cafe, including but not limited to the creation of templated system as well as evaluating staff tasks and the efficiency of those tasks
• Aid in the onboarding of new wait staff, baristas, and event staff
• Train employees on drink preparation and proper use of equipment
• Train employees in exceptional customer service to maximize overall guest experience
• Coordinate new menu items based on seasonality and customer preference
• Advise staff on best ways to resolve issues with guests and deliver excellent customer service
• Ensure all cafe/bar areas are clean and tidy and meet Department of Health Requirements
• Nurture friendly relationships with customers to increase loyalty and boost reputation
Cultural Engagement (30%)
• Assist in the execution of special events and take part in cultural programming as needed, including setting up and tearing down events
• Ensure training of staff on art, artists, and exhibits to prove success of overall initiatives
• Work with staff to promote engagements through cafe/bar. This can include membership perks, wine pairings with events, artist engagements, or commissions and designs
• Provided this cafe/bar team will be guests’ day-to-day interaction, help provide feedback
loops to event and arts staff for growth, grant data, marketing, storytelling, and impact.
• Other Duties as Assigned
Various work hours will be scheduled on an ongoing basis. Early mornings, weekends, and evenings will be required for this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
• High School Diploma encouraged
• Cafe and Coffee Shop experience required, management preferred
• Bar experience preferred but not required
• Certifications in Business Administration or Hospitality a plus.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office software, social media applications, and emerging media.
• Knowledge in Square preferred
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage and motivate a team.
• Hands-on experience with coffee machines
• Good math skills
• Positive attitude is a must regardless of situation.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work under deadlines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Standing, walking, bending, some climbing, frequent use of hands, stooping and lifting up to 50 lbs is needed.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The Coffee Shop/Wine Bar Shift Lead will also participate in events that further the organization as a whole, particularly surrounding marketing, fundraising, and critical events. The Coffee Shop/Wine Bar Shift Lead will also be utilized to relieve pressure amongst staff, an example being serving as “Staff on Duty” for events.
Woodstock Arts is an equal opportunity employer and is deeply committed to building an inviting and inclusive arts community that celebrates individuality, diversity, and treats everyone with fairness and respect. We invite people of all races, ages, sexual orientations, family, or parental statuses and gender expressions as well as those with disabilities to apply. We want to represent diverse communities in our organization and welcome your interest.
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. All are encouraged to apply early.
Job Type: Part-Time
Questions? Please email email@example.com