March 21, 2024
- May 2, 2024
– 3:00 pm
Please select post type On Tuesdays
Reeves Art Studio
Learn to do plein air painting and urban sketching! Each week we’ll go to a different location around Woodstock to make work on location. (If the weather is bad, we’ll retreat to the Reeves House to work from photos.) We’ll discuss different techniques for working quickly, and create a fresh plein air piece during each class. Students encouraged to keep their supply kit lightweight and fast to set up. ** Please note that this class will be mostly outside! We won’t be hiking, but there will some walking and sitting in the sticky Georgia heat. ** Zero experience, some experience, and intermediate experience levels are all welcome!
There will be no class held on April 4th
Recommended Art Supplies:
a small block of watercolor paper
– cold-press paper is a good choice if you want to focus on painting
– hot-press paper is a good choice if you want to draw with ink and then paint
– smaller sizes like 5”x7”or 8”x10” are best for painting fast
a pigment ink pen
– single-width 0.5 (or larger) – Sakura Pigma Micron or Faber-Castell Pitt Pens are good choices
a small watercolor set
– pans are easier to transport, but tubs offer more options
– a reservoir brush with water in the handle is really convenient – but regular short-handle watercolor brushes are also great!
a mechanical pencil
a paper towel (or an old washcloth)
Optional Art Supplies:
artist or painters’ tape
a binder clip (or bulldog clip)
a compact travel easel (if you like to work upright)
Allison has been creating since she was old enough to hold a crayon. She earned a BFA in Animation and has been teaching and organizing community art classes since 2006. She loves trying new mediums, learning new skills, and sharing that knowledge. Current favorites include watercolors, drawing, jewelry, and fiber arts.