Full Time Position
Ensure a smooth organizational operation through exceptional facility management, swift events logistics and organizational readiness.
$31,000 – $35,000.00
+ QSEHRA Package
Woodstock Arts engages community with relevant art experiences every day. Focusing on creating vibrancy throughout the community, the organization has grown from a small family theatre organization to a multi-disciplinary art center in Downtown Woodstock, GA. The organization has departments and facilities in theatre, a presenting concert series, a robust education program, and a new visual art center. We are looking to continue that growth in hiring an Operations Manager to execute a well run facility, readiness, and ease tension with smooth setup/tear down of events.
The Operations Manager (OM) is responsible for seamless and smooth processes, procedures, workflows, and systems for the organization to achieve its goals. This role will be focused on facility cleanliness, facility upkeep and maintenance, event preparedness through setup/tear-down and clear processes and contracts, and organizational readiness. Following the organization’s mission, vision, and values, the OM will regularly work with each department and the rest of the staff to ensure optimal capacity and efficient work.
The OM reports to the Business Manager and will regularly work with professionals and leading volunteers, it is required to always maintain a positive attitude in representing Woodstock Arts.
It should be noted that as the organization continues to expand, so too will this job description as capacity allows.
The following are current programs and projects that the CEM will coordinate:
Facility Management [45%]
- Build and implement systems to maintain clean and well stocked (paper and cleaning products) environments throughout the Woodstock Arts Campus
- Maintain healthy lawn care and outdoor upkeep through contracts.
- Serve as point of contact for maintenance, upkeep, or even capital projects as they arrive.
- Maintain inventory of equipment, needs, and provide steady organization of each items.
- Work with departmental staff on inventory to develop and implement systems for upkeep and replacement recommendations.
- Recruit, negotiate, and lead contracts for regular cleaning routines.
- Help plan budget for facility and cleaning needs as organization grows.
- Provide training for staff to maintain systems of cleanliness and care of facility.
- Serve as main janitorial/custodial personnel to keep contracts within budget. As this role begins, it will be assumed that this person will have a primary function of janitorial, expanding to oversee contracts as capacity, budget, and demand increases.
- Conducts and documents regular facility inspections.
- Work with the Business Manager to ensure inventory upkeep of concessions in environments as determined.
Event Management [40%]
- Keep a clear and well organized schedule of all events taking place at Woodstock Arts to ensure event success through setup, tear-down, and cleanliness
- Recruit, hire, train, and lead contracts as needed to keep up with high demand of needs for labor at events, particularly for facility management, inventory, and equipment care with setup/tear-down of events.
- Knowledge of technical systems to assist in labor/technical needs as a setup, maintenance, or basic level.
- Serve as point person for Event Rentals to ensure the organization is
Readiness Preparedness [10%]
- Serve as point person for security protocols in each environment, working with the staff to make recommendations for improved systems as well as assist in any security breach.
- Follow, make recommendations for improvement, develop, and implement new ideas upon the existing Arts Readiness Plan so that the organization and its staff is the most prepared it can be in all aspects.
- Create budget recommendations, routine maintenance and interdepartmental communication and collaboration.
Other Duties as Assigned [5%]
Various work hours will be scheduled on an ongoing basis. Early mornings, weekends, and evenings will be frequently required for this job. While there is a regular office flow and weekly patterns, a healthy amount of autonomy will be provided to pair with responsibilities accomplished effectively.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent, preferably Bachelors Degree with experience related to facility/operational or business management and/or non-profit experience.
- Familiarity with G Suite, iWork, Microsoft Suite and other emerging media.
- Knowledge in Square, Monday.com, WordPress preferred, but not required.
- Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Achiever, ability to see a project through.
- Positive attitude regardless of situation.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work under deadlines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and lifting is needed. It should be noted that the OM may need to lift heavy objects.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, though some events may be louder.
- This position will need to frequently lift heavy objects and move items as depicted in event setup and/or tear-down.
The OM will also participate in events that further the organization as a whole, particularly surrounding marketing, fundraising, and critical events. The OM will also be utilized to disperse pressure amongst staff. For instance, being the “Staff on duty” for events.
Woodstock Arts is an equal opportunity employer and is deeply committed to building an inviting and inclusive arts community that celebrates individuality, diversity, and treats everyone with fairness and respect. We invite people of all races, ages, sexual orientations, family, or parental statuses and gender expressions as well as those with disabilities to apply. We want to represent diverse communities in our organization and welcome your interest.
Woodstock Arts is committed to a thorough hiring process to ensure a correct hire for the both the organization and the hired candidate. Please submit resumé, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Woodstock Arts will not accept submissions after May 31st, 2023 but encourage all to apply early as the organization may hire prior to this.