Community Engagement Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
Full Time Position
Support and leverage all programs with high levels of community engagement, including supplemental event, high impact elevation, and volunteerism.
$31,000 – $36,000.00
+ QSEHRA Package
Woodstock Arts engages community with relevant art experiences every day. Focusing on creating vibrancy throughout the community, the organization has grown from a small family theatre organization to a multi-disciplinary art center in Downtown Woodstock, GA. The organization has departments and facilities in theatre, a presenting concert series, a robust education program, and a new visual art center. We are looking to continue that growth in hiring a Community Engagement Manager to leverage artistic programs to make a positive impact through community engagement and high levels of volunteerism.
The Community Engagement Manager (CEM) is responsible for maximizing Woodstock Arts’ connection to community through its programs and people. Following the organization’s mission, vision, and values, the CEM will regularly work with each department director, the Community Engagement Committee, and the rest of the staff to enhance community engagement in various capacities.
Equally as important, the Community Engagement Manager will be responsible for continuing, building upon, and promoting a positive volunteerism culture at Woodstock Arts.
The CEM reports to the Managing Director, collaborates with the other Department Directors, and the Board of Directors. The CEM will be working with professionals and leading volunteers, it is required to always maintain a positive attitude in representing Woodstock Arts.
The following are current programs and projects that the CEM will coordinate:
Community Engagement [45%]
- Develop and implement community engagement initiatives that increase Woodstock Arts’ visibility, build relationships, and attract new audiences.
- Identify and cultivate partnerships with local businesses and non-profits to enhance programming and expand impact.
- Conduct research and analysis of community engagement trends and best practices to continuously refine and improve our outreach strategy.
- Collaborate with marketing and communications team to ensure all messaging is aligned with the organization’s brand and values.
- Attend and participate in networking and partnership events to be a consistent positive representation to the community for Woodstock Arts.
- Help coordinate and lead DEIA initiatives to ensure that community engagement is inclusive toward anyone. Help find creative solutions to community problems through art, thinking critically about issues to solve the root issues and not solely treat symptoms.
- Coordinate with program managers to ensure events and programs are well attended and meet the needs of the community.
- Develop and implement strategies for improving the overall visitor experience, including creating engaging environments and providing exceptional customer service.
Volunteer Leadership [35%]
- Lead volunteer recruitment strategies, pipelines and on-boarding in collaboration with the staff, and training events to help volunteers feel equipped and empowered to serve
- Work with staff to continually determine volunteer needs in the organization, create and maintain volunteer-signup- software (Galaxy Digital) with accurate opportunities and ensure opportunities are filled to effectively run successful events
- Work with, and recruit business partnerships for group volunteerism
- Maintain a meaningful relationship with volunteers through regular communications, meetings, and one-on-ones for volunteerism development
- Develop and maintain policies, procedures, and standards for volunteer service
- Organize and participate in volunteer recognition and special events
- Database and Personnel upkeep for timely analysis of volunteer impact
- Participate in community events to spread knowledge of volunteerism as well as Woodstock Arts in general
Event Management [15%]
- Plan, coordinate, and execute effective supplementary events, workshops, and programs that support and complement existing programs and offerings. This is specific to outreach and impact through a community engagement perspective.
- Help collaborate and lead event logistics as required or delegated through a community engagement lens.
- As part of the staff, regularly participate in programmed events to help serve as “staff on duty”.
- Help lead Front of House initiatives and volunteers as this is a typical route/path for volunteers to being their journey in getting involved in the organization
Other Duties as Assigned [5%]
Various work hours will be scheduled on an ongoing basis. Early mornings, weekends, and evenings will be frequently required for this job. While there is a regular office flow and weekly patterns, a healthy amount of autonomy will be provided to pair with responsibilities accomplished effectively.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably related to the arts & arts management and/or non-profit experience.
- Familiarity with G Suite and especially emerging media.
- Knowledge in Spektrix, Square, Galaxy Digital, Monday.com, WordPress preferred.
- Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional Leadership Skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to think strategically and translate business objectives into recruitment strategies and tactics that will drive performance.
- Positive attitude regardless of situation.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work under deadlines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standing, walking, bending, frequent use of hands, stooping and lifting is needed.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The CEM will also participate in events that further the organization as a whole, particularly surrounding marketing, fundraising, and critical events. The CEM will also be utilized to disperse pressure amongst staff. For instance, being the “Staff on duty” for events.
Woodstock Arts is an equal opportunity employer and is deeply committed to building an inviting and inclusive arts community that celebrates individuality, diversity, and treats everyone with fairness and respect. We invite people of all races, ages, sexual orientations, family, or parental statuses and gender expressions as well as those with disabilities to apply. We want to represent diverse communities in our organization and welcome your interest.
Woodstock Arts is an organization that prides itself on six core values, they are:
- Make It Better – We each have the responsibility, ownership, and opportunity to improve. Placing this into practice comes with an understanding that more happens with a positive step than with a strategic thought. We are committed to continuous improvement and innovation, whether strategic, at the moment, or reactionary.
- Find Humanity – Wit ha high pace organization, it is vital to seek out and celebrate the humanity in our programs, guests, each other, and ourselves.
- Focus On The On-Ramps – How can I rethink building a more purposeful bridge to our mission?
- Meaningful Work Meaningful Impact – When people find the change is essential, helpful, and relevant. This is a guide to value impact over activity. It also keeps us accountable to people rather than resting on art. Meaningful work drives meaningful impact creates authentic pride.
- Mind Your Mindset – To have the best organization, we must bring the best self available.
- Choose Trust First – The Belief that Trust must be rooted in relationships and reputation over a transaction.
Woodstock Arts is committed to a thorough hiring process to ensure a correct hire for the both the organization and the hired candidate. Please submit resumé, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Woodstock Arts will not accept submissions after March 31st, 2023 but encourage all to apply early as the organization may hire prior to this.